Angels and Deities section of the One Light Many Windows online library is being formed.
Send us information of published material from different spiritual paths :
The word angel is derived from the Latin angelus meaning “messenger”.
1. heavenly being: in some religions, a divine being who acts as a messenger of God
2. picture of heavenly being: a depiction of an angel as a human figure with wings
3. guardian and guide: a spirit that protects and offers guidance
5. member of lowest angelic order: an angel of the first of the nine orders of angels in the traditional Christian hierarchy. The nine orders are, in ascending order, angels, archangels, principalities, powers, virtues, dominations, thrones, cherubim, and seraphim.
1. god or goddess: a god, goddess, or other being regarded as divine
2. divine state: the condition or status of a god or goddess
3. somebody or something resembling god: somebody or something that is treated like a god
[14th century. Via French< ecclesiastical Latin deitas “divine nature” < Latin deus “god”]
Deva is the Sanskrit word for god or deity. Its related feminine term is devi. In modern Hinduism, it can be loosely interpreted as any benevolent supernatural beings. The devs in Hinduism, also called Suras, are often juxtaposed to the Asuras